E-Waste Computer Recycling
Do you have old computers or electronic equipment laying around and don’t know how to get rid of it properly? There is a a better place for it other than in a landfill. Ryan’s Computer Consulting Services is now offering at no cost* to the end-user or business a free recycling program for computer electronics. Ryan’s Computer Consulting Services is not a recycling plant, however we do collect electronic waste and prepare it to be shipped/delivered to a recycling facility that meet Responsible Recycling Practices (R2) and/or the e-Stewards® standards. As a value added service we also see to it that all data is destroyed/erased.
*No cost is only available if e-waste is delivered to RCCS location or if you are Montgomery Township local that drops off your e-waste at their collection site on Saturdays.
We take most electronics, with the exception of radio active, gasoline based, or any other raw hazardous material devices. We do not at this time accept CRT monitors due to storage reasons, we will in the future as space is allocated.
We don’t sell/trade your data that may be left on storage devices. In times past, when a consumer sends his/her computer to the landfill, they may unwillingly allow identity thieves to mine data with very little effort. We will not allow such practices to happen under our roof, hard drives are removed and erased and/or destroyed.
Sometimes we receive computers that can be refurbished from multiple broken computers. We may use existing hard drives or other components. If hard drives are re-used, they are erased by DOD 5220.22-M standards or also known as zero filled. The drive or medium is completely overwritten by zeros, making it impossible to recover any previously existing data.
If you are local to the Montgomery Township in Mercersburg, PA, you may drop off your electronics at the township building during dump hours on Saturdays. If you are not local to this township, then please call for details to have your equipment removed or schedule a drop off time at RCCS’s office location. Removal fees may apply, every scenario is different, call for details.
Acceptable Items List:
- Computers & Laptops
- LCD/LED/ Plasma Monitors (No CRT, tube based)
- Inkjet & Toner Cartridges
- Projector, Audio Equipment
- Mice, Keyboards, Speakers, Cables
- Hard Drives
- Network Equipment
- Telecommunications Equipment
- Phone Systems, Cell Phones, iPads, Ipods, Game Consoles, and the like
- Lab Equipment (Not Biological and Not Radio Active)
- Security Equipment
- Radio, VCR, CD, DVD, BlueRay Players
- Test Equipment (Not Biological and Not Radio Active)
- Batteries: From laptops, battery backups, small devices, (no small electronic batteries such as AA, AAA, D, C, etc.
Non-Acceptable Items List:
- Large Capacitors separated from main boards
- Mercury based devices
- Radio Active Devices
- Pressurized Systems such as Air Conditioners, Refrigerators, Freezers.
- Lamp Ballasts that still have bulbs with it
- Anything that is required to drain liquids with the exception of water cooled computers.
The lists above isn’t comprehensive, please call for questions if you have something that may not be directly listed above.